What’s in it for you?
Diversity: We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent: We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours: We’re looking for about 37.5 hours per week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times: Our policy allows working anywhere at any time, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location: We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city center offices often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary: We’ll be competitive (of course). This also depends on what we agree between us your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks: You’re helping save the planet!
Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
What we’re after
We want team players who’ll integrate well, pitch in to help others as needed, and make being at work at least something approaching fun from time to time.
We’re a small but growing business, and you’ll need to be self-motivated, completely trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important.
Being a bit “eco” definitely isn’t going to hurt either!
What we’ll be asking you to do
We will be looking to you to set the M+E strategy, including:
- Significant experience in Low carbon technology and Low/Zero carbon building fabric
- Experience in completing energy modelling and assessing thermal performance of buildings
- Appraise specifications to advise team of responsibilities and potential risks and opportunities
- Preparation of external design consultants’ scope of works
- Offer engineering solutions to improve value, efficiency or reduce capital cost
- Undertake gap analysis and engineering appraisals on 3rd party designs
- Complete detailed review of external designers’ submissions
- Assist operational colleagues with project technical support
- Provide technical guidance on projects and activities
- Visiting sites and advising new builds and retrofit projects
- Ensure standards and compliance needs are met
What about skills & qualifications?
We are looking for someone with passion for innovation and a vision for renewable energy solutions.
- Technical experience essential, including an awareness of updates in the M+E field
- Ability to build budgets and manage costs
- Excellent communication skills and experience building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
- Proactive approach to M+E
- Project delivery experience beneficial
- Experience within a renewable energy industry beneficial
- M+E engineering qualification
- Professional memberships
Who are we?
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet.
To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. To do this, we work with other home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve this.
We also try and lead by example, so through our sister company Sero Homes we build true zero carbon homes, set in ecologically vibrant spaces and places (there’s a and Biodiversity Crisis too!), so that our homes help to build a community.
If you think we’re a match, please get in touch!
We’d like a C.V., but send it with a covering note too please that tells us why you’d be our perfect fit for our team.
Your note can be a letter, email, video snippet, go crazy, give us a little bit of your character…