We’re on the lookout for a Project Manager – Innovation
It’s a chance to be part of a growing, friendly team trying to make a positive difference fight the climate emergency.
What we’re after
We want team players who’ll integrate well, pitch in to help others as needed, and make being at work at least something approaching fun from time to time. We’re a small but growing business, and you’ll need to be self-motivated, completely trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important. Being a bit “eco” definitely isn’t going to hurt either!
What we’ll be asking you to do
Is take the lead on our existing innovation projects, and help us conceive and deliver new ideas and projects. This will include;
- End-to-end involvement in real new build and retrofit home projects to help and support understanding of barriers;
- Hands-on management of current work, steering the research against funding and our business goals,
- Analytical skills to interpret data and practices from actual home delivery into meaningful insights and information,
- Ability to lead collations of partners towards common goals, foresee and work through hurdles along the way,
- Flexibility to support wider project management and delivery team with construction schemes on the ground,
- Project management of reporting & budgets to ensure successful delivery of innovation projects,
- Collating teams and submitting new innovation ideas.
What about skills & qualifications?
- Experience managing projects linked to live construction work, but with an innovation theme, would be strongly favoured,
- Data manipulation and analysis skills desirable, and ability to use datasets to produce information for live & research homes,
- Experience of Innovate UK, BEIS R&D, EU Horizon 2020, WEFO and other research funding providers would be advantageous,
- A degree and perhaps post‐graduate qualification beneficial.
What’s in it for you?
Diversity We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours We’re looking for about for 37.5 hours per week for this role –what would generally be called “Full Time”. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times Our policy allows working anywhere at anytime, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city centre offices (unless we’re locked down) often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary We’ll be competitive (of course). This also depends on what we agree between us as your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks You’re helping save the planet! Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Who are we?
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet. To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. To do this, we work with other home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve this. We also try and lead by example, so through our sister company Sero Homes we build true zero carbon homes, set in ecologically vibrant spaces and places (there’s a and Biodiversity Crisis too!), so that our homes help to build a community.
If you think we’re a match, please get in touch! We’d like a C.V., but send it with a covering note too please that tells us why you’d be our perfect fit for our team.
Your note can be a letter, email, video snippet, go crazy, give us a little bit of your character..