We’re on the lookout for a HR Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources manager to support our growing family, we need someone who’s talents are for spotting talent and helping us build our perfect team whilst maintaining our friendly culture. This is.a key part of our ambitious growth plans that will see our team double in size in 2021, the planet needs ambition!
What we’re after
We want team players who’ll integrate well, pitch in to help others as needed, and make being at work at least something approaching fun from time to time. We’re a small but growing business, and you’ll need to be self-motivated, completely trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones. You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important. Being a bit “eco” definitely isn’t going to hurt either!
What we’ll be asking you to do
Is take the lead on all things people and HR related. This will include;
- Providing guidance on a range of HR issues including performance management, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence, fixed term contracts, application of employment terms and conditions and interpretation of HR policy.
- Support the training and development of our team
- Managing the recruitment and take on process for all new employees but importantly making sure we take the best approach to including new team members in a socially distanced world.
- Managing the company benefits schemes including salary sacrifice car lease schemes, cycle to work and the benefits platform.
- Building on our company culture and planning for how that’s maintained as we grow.
- Help the business deliver the best hybrid working practices as part of our anywhere & anytime policy and new Cardiff centre hub.
- Small companies require flexibility in responsibility, we’ll be asking for support in other areas of the business and generally pitching in to achieve our mission.
What about skills & qualifications?
- 3 + years experience in an internal human resources role, either in a managerial role or in a supervisory position
- CIPD level 5 qualification or degree
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies, best practice and up to date employment legislation
- Payroll experience would be beneficial, but not essential
- You always develop effective relationships with colleagues at all levels.
What’s in it for you?
Diversity We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours We’re looking for about 37 hours a week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times Our policy allows working anywhere at anytime, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city centre offices often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary We’ll be competitive (of course). This also depends on what we agree between is your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks You’re helping save the planet!
Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Who are we?
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet. To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. To do this, we work with other home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve this. We also try and lead by example, so through our sister company Sero Homes we build true zero carbon homes, set in ecologically vibrant spaces and places (there’s a and Biodiversity Crisis too!), so that our homes help to build a community.
If you think we’re a match, please get in touch! We’d like a C.V., but send it with a covering note too please that tells us why you’d be our perfect fit for our team. Your note can be a letter, email, video snippet, go crazy, give us a little bit of your character…