We’re on the lookout for a Customer Operations Manager
It’s a chance to be part of a growing, friendly team trying to make a positive difference fight the climate emergency.
What we’re after
We want team players who’ll integrate well, pitch in to help others as needed, and make being at work at least something approaching fun from time to time. We’re a small but growing business, and you’ll need to be self-motivated, completely trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important. Being a bit “eco” definitely isn’t going to hurt either!
What we’ll be asking you to do
We’re continuing to build our customer platform which is now servicing our very first Sero Life customers, living in the homes that we’ve helped deliver with smart, renewable energy technology. We’re beginning to get ready for the next phase of scaling with another 2,000 customers set to join our platform in 2021, that’s just the beginning! This role will require working alongside our Customer Experience Manager to manage the Operations of the Sero Life customer platform. We’re not a Regulated Supplier but we’re working closely with them to provide our comfort service, experience in an energy supply business would be beneficial. You must also;
- Be flexible, passionate and a team player, comfortable within a start-up environment where a ‘can do’ attitude is a must!
- Manage the operations of the Sero Life customer service which includes billing, systems and process management.
- We’d like you to take responsibility for the development of our CRM system, working alongside our Digital team.
- We need to make sure that we’re fully compliant in an evolving regulatory environment, we’d like you to look after our compliance from the provision of Services to more innovative emerging consumer protection on energy management.
- Engage with our licensed energy supply partners to manage the relationship between Sero Life and the Regulated Electricity Supplier (Octopus Energy), you” be the nominated lead from Sero.
- Support internally with electricity & gas industry knowledge, which may relate to customer experience, specific elements of T&Cs or setting tariffs.
- Develop the Sero Life customer operations to adapt to the increasing scale of new customers.
What about skills & qualifications?
- A minimum of  years experience in a customer operations team, experience with management experience.
- Have a good knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Systems and omni-channel contact centres.
- Be a champion for utilising new technology to reduce costs and improve efficiency and customer outcomes.
- Very well organised, process driven and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience within an Energy Supply business is beneficial.
- An understanding or an interest in renewable technologies in the home is beneficial.
- Passionate about innovation and change, particularly around customers.
What’s in it for you?
Diversity We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours We’re looking for about for 37.5 hours per week for this role –what would generally be called “Full Time”. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times Our policy allows working anywhere at anytime, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city centre offices (unless we’re locked down) often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary We’ll be competitive (of course). This also depends on what we agree between us as your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks You’re helping save the planet! Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Who are we?
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet. To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. To do this, we work with other home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve this. We also try and lead by example, so through our sister company Sero Homes we build true zero carbon homes, set in ecologically vibrant spaces and places (there’s a and Biodiversity Crisis too!), so that our homes help to build a community.
If you think we’re a match, please get in touch! We’d like a C.V., but send it with a covering note too please that tells us why you’d be our perfect fit for our team.
Your note can be a letter, email, video snippet, go crazy, give us a little bit of your character..